Thursday, May 21, 2015

Excited.

                       Previous Eurovision Entry by some nation...who knows now?

Donna told me that it is the Eurovision Song Contest this Saturday.
Oh pants.  I can't get to see it over here.
I can see the contestants on the internet but I can't see our British version of the show with Graham Norton's commentary.
It is Graham Norton ( and before him, Terry Wogan ) and his witty remarks, that make the show.

                                                                    Another one.    
                           
My friends here would have no understanding of the way most of us Brits view this contest.
We don't bloody care if we win.  I personally hope we get no points at all.  That is always funny.
We watch it knowing we don't stand a chance because European chums all vote for each other and take it far too seriously.
It is in that vein that Graham Norton talks about our and the other entries.
He takes the mick.
Oh dear....I don't think there is an American term for that......ermmmm.....he pokes fun.
That is the closest I can find.

                                                  Yet another.

And my goodness the contestants supply plenty of ammunition for fun poking.
Donna tells me that Australia is taking part this year.
Brilliant!!!!
They have the same sense of humour as we do.   I am hoping for great things, from their song, singer and especially from their commentators.

                                                 There's more.

When you look at the pictures of previous contestants, it is little wonder that the rest of the world doesn't get it.
I am not sure these contestants get it.  How can these countries take themselves seriously when they pull things like these out of the hat.

                                Last one as people will think I am making it up.

Anyway, I am mega excited now.  Donna had an epiphany.
We are going to Skype while the show is on.  She will point her laptop at the telly so I can see and hear what is going on.
We will watch it together.  A sort of cross Atlantic Eurovision Party.
How cool is that?
I shall get booze and nibbles.
I haven't seen any of the previews so it will be a big surprise.
I wonder if we will win? I don't really.  I hope we tie with Australia for last place.


Kaleidoscope Dragon is very nearly finished.
I want to add some jewels to him just to give him a bit more pazazz, but hopefully he will be totally finished then.
He has taken a long while to do.   So many stages.
So, now it will be on to the Christmas card...........no idea what I will do this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home