Thursday, February 12, 2015

All over

It was Alan's birthday on Tuesday.
I made him a Green Bay Packers cake.  He liked it.

He got presents.

And he got cards.

Outside.

Inside.

The Birthday cake was a success.
I was so glad....and relieved as it was a recipe I hadn't used before.  It was a ginger cake.
I know Alan and Philip both like ginger cake but it is always a worry in case it doesn't turn out right.

On Wednesday, his final evening before leaving for England, we all went bowling.  Well, I only technically went bowling as I didn't bowl.
My hands are too painful to be able to do it any more.  Just watching everyone throw those bowling balls made my hands hurt.
Alan really enjoyed it and his game has improved immensely.

He scored three strikes in a row during one game.
I am reliably informed that this is called " A Turkey".  I doubt if anyone could tell me why.

He seemed to have a good time bowling and then returning home for a 'wee dram' or three before bed.

This morning I got up with them to see him off.  I am always sad to see him leave, but at least this time he is spending a couple of weeks in Kent and catching up with some old friends.
I am glad about that.  I am sure he will have a lovely time before winging his way back to Guernsey.
Plus, it will only seem like a few weeks and he will be back again.
I just looked up his flight and he has now landed in JFK airport in New York.  His flight across the pond will be in another couple of hours.
Safe trip mate.  Give my love to everyone over there.

Sigh........ Now who is going to be my 'Sherper Tensing' and hold me up as I cross the north face of the Eiger to get to the mall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home