Friday, September 19, 2014

Happy Family

Well the excitement this week was whether the Scottish people would vote for an Independent Scotland or opt to stay within the UK.
It seems they prefer to stay.
I am glad.
Those who wanted an independent Scotland seemed to want it for all the wrong reasons.
The problems that would undoubtedly ensue didn't seem to be addressed at all.
There were many businesses that would leave Scotland, the ship building industry would be lost (the Royal Navy wouldn't be having their ships etc built there anymore), the EU wouldn't allow them to just stay on and what about schools and the health service?
Plus Scotland may have oil (but that won't last for ever or pay for everything) but it has little else.  If you have ever been there you will know that it is a magnificent country for rugged scenery but there are so few people there.
What about border controls?
Passports, immigration?
There are many people who are Scottish that have moved south to England for jobs etc.
What would happen to them?
There is a lot of this, which is lovely but it won't pay the bills.
So, for all concerned I am glad they are staying.  They are getting extra powers too so that is a bonus for them.
Well done Scotland.

I can't quite believe that my trip to England is just a week away.  It goes from being ages away to being right here.
I am looking forward to it .......well being there.  I don't like the journey one bit, but it is the only way I can get there so I have to do it.
I always get awful jet-lag too for at least 3 days or so, but never mind.

Bubba did really well at the vet's.  He got very cross in there.  He growled and hissed at Philip and the vet.  He tried to give Philip a smack.  He can't bite because he has hardly any teeth left but he could give you a nasty suck.
The vet said, apart from his trots, he is doing wonderfully for a cat his age.  He said his eyes, (Bubba would tell you they are his most attractive feature) are amazing.  I knew that because he can still see that cat from across the road at about 5 miles distance. Ooooh he hates that cat.
The vet suggested a raw food diet, obtainable from one of the large pet stores, which could really help his trots...or 'dire rear' as my friend so quaintly puts it.
He also prescribed some pills we haven't tried before so we will see how that goes.
From there it was off to the pet store to buy the raw meat cat diet.
It comes frozen in little pellets and you just defrost the amount you need.
A very small bag cost almost $16 !!!!! Quite a step up from 49c a can of cat food.
But, we bought one small bag.  Philip was going to buy more but my inner voice told me it might not be the best idea and I dissuaded him.
Just as well.
I defrosted some over night and gave it to Bubba in the morning.
He gave me a look which suggested I must have gone completely insane whilst I was asleep and he would be happy to let me know where I could shove it.
The other cats all came to sniff it, all pulled the same faces and moved off to their canned goods.
Far from me having to hold back the ravening hordes and protecting Bubba while he scoffed his tra la posh grub, as envisioned, I was left with a dish full of soggy looking pellets that, from the look on their pinched little faces, the cats thought she have been buried with due ceremony long ago.

Looks like our Petal the Possum is in for another dose of very expensive grub.
Who would spend $16 on dinner for a possum?  Well, apart from another possum with a twinkle in his eye I suppose.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home