Tuesday, September 23, 2014

OCD.....overload.

Saturday we went out to breakfast.
Just to Panera for bagels etc.
A little girl, similar to the one above, sat across from us, busily sticking stickers in a sticker book.
Harmless you might think.
No it bloody wasn't.
Not for someone like me.
My OCD kicked off big time.  She was sticking those stickers in as if she were in a race against time.
The universe would implode if she didn't get all those damn stickers stuck down as quickly as possible.
Nary a thought for getting them lined up properly, without overlapping and making sure they were carefully smoothed out so there were no wrinkles in the paper.
OH NO NOT SHE !!
She was sticking them in Willy Nilly and it drove me nuts.
I would have spent (still would) ages, carefully selecting each sticker, making sure it was positioned precisely in the space provided and then gently smoothing each piece so the page looked like an original picture and not stickers.
What was this child thinking????  I have to admit my daughter would have done just the same as me, my son - not so much.
I was getting so agitated watching this abuse of a sticker book that Philip said I should go outside.
We did leave quite quickly as my nerves couldn't take much more.

Autumn, or Fall as it is known over here, has set in.
Our trees are starting to turn to their beautiful colours.
This one is right outside my kitchen window and I think it looks particularly gorgeous right now as it has various colours going on.
I shall miss most of the colours while I am away.  I think they will be done by the time I get back.
I do hope the weather is good while I am in England so that I can get out and about.

The other night I woke hope because there was a cat scrabbling at the bedroom door....or at least I thought there was.
Philip was rumbling away so I knew he hadn't heard it.
I tried ignoring it for some time in the hope that whoever it was would give up and go away.
It didn't stop.
Eventually I got up and opened the door expecting to see one of our herd sitting the other side.
There wasn't one.
But, on the other side of the landing we have a little 'niche' (for want of a better word) where we keep the suitcases.  Around these sat a delegation of cats........all staring at the cases.
I had taken mine out during the day in an effort to encourage myself to actually start packing something.   Oh dear one of the cats must have got behind the other cases and couldn't get out.
The scrabbling continued.
The cases were all standing upright - I started to move them, but no cat appeared.
Then as I moved another case I was surprised at how heavy it was.  The zip was slightly open........just a gap.
I opened it.  Two huge green eyes gazed back at me.  Tootsie had somehow managed to get into the case, from the top, through the little gap and couldn't get back out.
I say 'somehow' because she is a big (bloody enormous) girl and I am surprised she even squeezed in.
In her very 'catish' way she slowly stepped out of the case and walked away, without a thank you or kiss my arse - she didn't even glance back.
The others all then dispersed.  'Nothing to see here' attitude had crept in and the excitement was over.
It was a good job I got up to investigate but I know better than to expect gratitude.
Catitude but not gratitude.


I had my flu jab last week.

I think this was how the lady did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home