Friday, June 27, 2014

A Week

Bubba and Tootsie having a cuddle.
Dear old Bubba, he may be getting a bit bewildered lately but he is still a lovely boy.

I have booked my flights over to England for this year.
I should arrive on September 28th and then leave on October 19th.
Flights are much more expensive now than they used to be but I have been watching the prices. There was a drop on Tuesday, which doesn't happen often and they quickly shoot up again if you miss it.
So, I thought I had better do it or be kicking myself in a few weeks time.

I am really looking forward to it again.  I always do.
I love being able to bimble around Ashford and to being able to catch a train if I want to go elsewhere.
I love Canterbury and hope to arrange to have lunch there one day with my father in law.
He seems to know good places for lunch.

I shall cram as much as I can into those 3 weeks and they will pass way too quickly.
I hate flying on my own.......I hate flying altogether really.  It is such an ordeal on a long flight.

Donna and Lauren arrive here in 3 weeks.
That seemed like ages away and now it is suddenly upon us.


Saturday we are going to a graduation party.  It isn't a graduation as we know it.  He hasn't just finished uni and got a degree, cap & gown etc.
This is a graduation from middle school.  They seem to do a lot of graduating here.  They graduate from nursery school, primary school etc.  Even if you take a course in anything and finish it - then you graduate. To me it takes the prestige out of graduating.  But then I don't know much.  The youngster who is graduating is a nice kid so I am sure he will do well.

 Friday next week is July 4th, which is something of a big deal over here.
We may go to the park and watch the fireworks.  Last year we didn't bother but I think we were just being lazy.
My friend did invite me to her family's celebration but I declined.
After her family were nasty to me at the bridal shower ( I have never told her about it as I really think there is no point in upsetting her), I will never be a part of any of their get togethers again.
Apart from which, if they have such a low opinion of the Brits, putting my British self in the middle of their independence day celebrations does sound like a bad idea.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home