Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sparkles



The weather continues to be brutally cold.
It does produce some lovely effects though.
If you click on the photo and look closely, you may see little sparkles dotted about in the snow.
It seems that because it is so cold, little ice crystals form and, to me, they look like diamonds glittering in the moonlight.
It was difficult getting a picture of it as you can see it far better at night but it isn't so easy to get photos then.
Well, if you have a tra-la posh camera it is probably easy but as I just 'point and click' and haven't got a clue what I am doing - for me it is hard.

Another of the mystical diamonds shimmering in the snow.
Quite magical, I think.
Ignore the reflection of the window ............it was too chuffing cold to go outside.

The weekend came and went, much as they do.
We nipped out Saturday morning, before the latest lot of snow made it too difficult.
Whilst out we perused Menards, looking at bathroom suites, tiles etc.  For my English chums....Menards is a lot like B&Q.
We would dearly love to have the downstairs bathroom totally ripped out and re modelled.
Whether or not we can afford it, is yet to be seen.
But, it costs nothing to look.   I had no idea how I wanted it done  but I do know I do not want browns and beiges which seem to be the current 'in' thing.
Philip spotted tiles which he knew I would love.


They are glass, with sparkly bits.
So very Art Deco.
After seeing these the whole scheme for the bathroom took shape in my mind.

I would love a sink like this.
It probably costs a fortune but....now I have an image in my mind I can try to recreate the effect at a lesser cost.
I hope.

Ohhhh.....and floor tiles with sparkles !!!!

On Sunday, fired up with enthusiasm for bathroom fittings (I think that is a line from an "Are You Being Served?" but I could be mistaken) we subjected Home Depot to the same scrutiny.
Their tiles were pants.
Their sinks were pants.
Their floor tiles were............mega pants.
We won't be going there then.
Where we will be going is

http://www.eventcrazy.com/West-Allis-WI/events/details/13709-Milwaukee-NARI-Home-Improvement-Show

The Milwaukee Home Improvement show just happens to be on this weekend.
We will pick up leaflets and then we can get some estimates.
After which we will probably cry, crawl under a blankie and dream of bathrooms that could have been.


2 Comments:

At February 11, 2014 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Mr Tebbs worked in bathroom fittings in Grace Brothers :o)

 
At February 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

You are spot on sir. Ta ever so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home