Thursday, October 24, 2013

Friends

Sunday I had my first Sunday roast pub lunch.
It was  to be in the Conningbrooke Hotel but we had a last minute change of plans and finished up in the Blacksmith's Arms.
It was ok.....not wonderful though.

Monday - Donna and I met up with our friend, Paul, for coffee in Ashford town.
We met up with him last year at the same place so this is becoming something of an annual tradition.
Donna and I then went shopping for her Halloween costume.
She and Lauren are going to a party.

Tuesday - My friend, H. and her friend, M., came to collect me for an expedition to Eltham Palace....and what an adventure it was.
I cannot go into details here but, needless to say it will be a long time before I set foot inside a car with them again.  Unbelievable.
The picture above is inside Eltham Palace.
It is mostly Art Deco (oh I just adore Art Deco), although Henry VIII actually grew up in the older part of the palace.
Apparently, some of the Poirots were filmed here and it is often used for tv shows and movies.

It was truly beautiful inside.
If I could afford to, I would re do my whole house in Art Deco furnishings and decor.
I just love the clean lines and the whole uncluttered look.   I hate clutter.

I was staying at H's that night and in the evening another of our friends came to dinner.
We had Thai take away.  I had never tried Thai food before and really liked it.

It was lovely to see him.
We all worked together for years.  He looks so much better, stress free and rested, since he too left "The factory".




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home