Thursday, October 24, 2013

Down to Margate

 Wednesday

The next day, with very much fear and trepidation (on my part), we set off to Margate.
H wanted to show me the Turner Gallery.
As you can see in the photo above, the weather was a bit threatening but the rain, surprisingly, did hold off.

This was one of the exhibits inside the gallery.
No I don't know either.
I think it was labelled something like - "Conversation" but it could have been called " Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.", for all the sense it made.
The paintings were brill though.  I did enjoy the gallery.

I was beginning to feel a bit poorly at this time.  I thought maybe I was just getting tired as the last few days were hectic.
I called off a proposed "Curry Night" for the next day.
One reason was that I would be out all day with my friend Sue (also previously of "The factory") and I knew I would be feeling natchered.
Secondly, was the fact that no one seemed very interested in going.
I have since been told that others had planned on going but hadn't said anything, at least not to me.  It amazes me that people can put the fact that they are just 'going to take a bath' or 'eating their dinner' etc, on facebook but can't say they will be attending an event someone is trying to plan.
I was told a couple of them who were going, aren't on facebook.....well how did they find out about it then?   The only way I knew was that a very kind friend tried to organise it using  facebook.   
As it turned out it was just as well I didn't go.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home