Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Smaug

Smaug....dragon from The Hobbit etc.

It doesn't show up that well in this photo so I may have to take some more.
It is a lot more sparkly than it looks here.
I have been working on this for weeks.  I didn't think I would ever finish it.
I went through the "I hate this poxy thing and I should throw it out the window" phase....several times.
But, I know I do this, so I persevered and I am reasonably happy with it now.
It is for Glenn.
I shall take it with me when I visit next time.

I have the new cat sitter lady coming tomorrow to meet us and kitties.
We have to have this new one as Bubba will need his 'Zoomie Juice'  -  fluids - while we are away so I had to find someone who was experienced in administering them.
That is if we ever get away.
Philip's project, which needs to be finished, up and running, before we can go - is proving problematical.
We could both really do with a break so I just have to hope that things move along a bit more smoothly and we can go, hopefully, next month.

Lollipop is still on steroids.  She is something of a worry.  We have to find the correct balance to keep her well.
This means finding the lowest dose of steroid that will work.   Too high a dose can cause diabetes in cats and that would open up a whole new can of worms......blood testing....insulin injections etc.
We thought we had it down to half a tablet every other day....but she stopped eating again today, so that is obviously too low.
We shall see if half a tablet every day is going to work.

My gob has been a bit pants the last couple of days.  I had a few good days so I was hopeful that it might just fade away.  I was wrong.
I am thinking this is going to be a pattern. 
Oh well.  Nothing I can do about it.

Facebook has been getting on my nerves lately.   Too much of this "Share" status stuff.  Autism Awareness, Cancer Awareness, Depression Awareness, Pimple on Your Bum Awareness.   I get so mad when it says "People should be aware that.....".
We are all bloody aware.  Sharing a status will make no difference to the poor buggers suffering from these conditions.  If people really care about these things then maybe they should think about donating their time and money to the cause instead of clicking 'share'.
I even got one the other day that said..."People should be aware that children with autism grow into adults with autism!!!"
How amazing is that??   I almost posted a comment saying "REALLY you do surprise me.  I always thought the grew into pretty fairies and flew away."
I have deleted one person who took this too far..........I wonder if I shall have to delete any more?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home