Thursday, March 7, 2013

What will he do next?


On Saturday we decided to get a take away from Outback Steakhouse restaurant.
This was because I really fancied a blooming onion. You can only usually get these at State Fair in August but I had recently found out that Outback did them.
We don't like eating at the restaurant as it is very expensive but the take away menu was pretty good.
So, we ordered the blooming onion (enough for about 4 really), stuffed mushrooms and Philip had a posh burger and chips too.
The onion was disappointing, to say the least.  It was so heavily salted that I couldn't eat it.  I shall have to wait for State Fair to get a decent one.  Oh well, it will taste all the nicer for the wait.
However, it was not as disappointing as the stuffed mushrooms.....this is what we found when we opened the box.

Doesn't really look like $8 worth does it?
It actually made me laugh out loud....so I had to take a picture.
We won't be getting any more grub from them anytime soon.

The weather has been eventing yet again this week.  For heaven's sake it is MARCH surely we could get a break now.
Nope....another big snow storm hit again on Tuesday.  This meant work was out again for me on Wednesday.   It keeps Merv busy though.



I saw him doing this just before the latest storm hit.  The silly old sod is up a ladder in these conditions.
Of course it was a waste of time as we got loads more snow soon after.
No one else does all this stuff.   It does keep me amused though.   When I can't go out, watching Merv pratting around is all the excitement I have.


After this latest lot of eventing......his roof was covered in snow and he had lost his hole again.
Poor Merv what with finding his hole and the snow plough covering it up again - he was in and out like a fiddler's elbow.
Dear Merv....your madness keeps me sane.

This morning I am going to try to get to the mall.
It looks like the sidewalks are clear.     I have now come down with a case of cabin fever and need to get out.  I have been reading about all the walks, trips to London etc my chums have been doing and it gives me the hump.
This morning Sherpa Banks is attempting the North Face of Southridge Mall.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home