Thursday, March 28, 2013

Birthday Surprises

It was my birthday yesterday.
I don't bother much about birthdays to be honest.
I did enjoy this one though.
Philip, bless him, remembered me mentioning a perfume I like, months ago.
He bought me the perfume and body lotions etc.  I was really impressed.  I didn't expect him to think of it and I hadn't mentioned it since.
He also got me a gold chain for my pendant so I can wear that again,  a lovely Christmas decoration (that I will love putting out) and a couple of nice brandy glasses.
Didn't I do well?
Then there was this box.
It came through the mail.  It was from England.  I didn't read who it was from as I didn't want to see the customs declaration and spoil the surprise.
And surprise it was.
There is an old friend I worked with many years ago who still keeps in touch with me.
We were both employed at the same school......or "The factory" as he used to call it.
Over the last few weeks I had been bemoaning the lack of daffodils, or any Spring flowers come to that, here in Wisconsin.
We don't generally send each other birthday gifts...just a card maybe so I wasn't expecting it to be from him.
Oh it was hilarious!
He had made the whole thing himself (except for the flowers) it came in pieces with 'self assembly' instructions.
You can't really see in the picture but there is a little fence made out of sticks of wood, some inscribed "Acme Fencing Co."
The sunflowers at the back are stuck into corks which are then stuck into little coffee creamer pots - to look like flower pots.
He should have had a job on Blue Peter.
Absolutely amazing.....and so unexpected.
Bless him.   It quite made the whole day perfect......well that and going out to Red Lobster to eat.
Thank you to all my chums on Facebook who sent me birthday wishes.
Facebook is really useful for things like this.  A very simple way of keeping in touch.

The Gob.
The Gob is pants.   Tongue, roof of mouth and sometimes even lips sore and burning.  A foul taste in the mouth that spoils everything I eat.
Sometimes it is worse than others but it is driving me to distraction.
I have an  appointment with my doctor tomorrow.  I hope this turns out well and there is something that can ease it.
I hope it isn't another round of expensive tests just to be told I have to put up with it.
I live in hope.

Just noticed....you can see all the snow we STILL have through the window.  
Now you can understand why we don't get any Spring flowers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home