Monday, January 28, 2013

A Sleeping Tom.....

Well, not a Tom.
Here is Lollipop sleeping in Alan's bed.
It has been a trifle chilly and Alan doesn't mind a bit.

I don't like to harp on about the blooming weather but it is being bloody silly lately.
Yesterday they predicted an ice storm !!
These are not fun.
I didn't know how they work but Philip explained and he did a good job of sounding like he knew what he was talking about so it could be true.
Apparently, what happens is this :-  the clouds (for some reason) are at a higher temperature than the ground.
So, they drop rain but as it falls it hits the ground, trees etc which are way colder.
This means it turns instantly to ice.
That is all we needed on Sunday.
But, similarly to all weather forecasts, this one was wrong and instead of ice, we got more snow.
This was way better, believe it or not.
Although our garden squirrels might not have thought so.

Poor Eric.
But, I do keep them well fed.
Today, tomorrow and part of Wednesday, are going to be much warmer.
So, much warmer that we had proper rain.
Brilliant.........not!    After Wednesday the Siberian temps return which means any water will immediately turn to ice and then we have more snow due.
Wisconsin certainly likes to have its weather.

When Alan leaves here, mid February, he will be going to Whitstable.
This is the house, minus a Glenn, where he will be staying with their adoptive father and his partner.
I love this house.
It isn't big but it is full of interesting things.  
Glenn and I had a weekend in Whitstable last year and we both agreed we had a brilliant time and what a wonderful house this is.
I am so glad Alan spends some time there as it means he isn't going straight back to Guernsey when he leaves and he isn't sad like he used to be.
I used to feel awful when he left.  Now I know he has some time in Kent, I don't worry about him so much.
Oh almost forgot.
He made Philip some sausages today.   We can't get proper sausages so this is something of an event.
I am going to do bangers and mash.....with onion gravy.    I think it will go down well.
I shall have something suitably veggie.

Tomorrow Alan and I plan to make use of the mild day and venture forth to the mall.
Friday (blooming freezing again) we hope to go to ice hockey.  Rather apt I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home