Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

 Me with Lollipop and Bubba.   I was trying to read the paper....sigh.


As anyone who really knows me is aware.........I don't do New Year.
Donna went out with her mates to celebrate.
Lauren, Philip and I played computer games.
Lauren on World of Warcraft.  Philip and I on Lord of The Rings.
We were all in bed before midnight.
No...we are not "old miseries".....we just don't like the whole 'new year' thing.

We had had a slight crisis during the day.
Tootsie......she of the 'feet as big as her head', had been off colour for a couple of days.
Yesterday I noticed her going in and out of the litter box but not being able to do a proper wee.

I phoned our vet and, have to admit, I was disappointed when the receptionist told me they couldn't see her and I should find somewhere else to take her.
Urinary problems can quickly become very serious in cats.
I eventually found a clinic in Milwaukee where you don't need an appointment and they were open until at least 4.30pm.
Philip, fortunately, was finishing work early and we got her there just before they closed.
As suspected, she has a urinary tract infection.  They gave her antibiotics via injection, fluids and two lots of meds.   The whole cost was $140.
This, may seem a lot but if we had taken her to one of the emergency hospitals it would have probably been triple that.
Today she is a bit better.  She has managed to wee properly and is eating.
The only problem she had was a dodgy reaction to the pain meds which made her very wobbly and confused looking.  We will probably stop them as she doesn't seem to be in pain.

Lauren cuddling poor Tootsie.

The next couple of days might be a bit rough for me.
Tomorrow, before work, I have to go back to my dentist to see if he can figure out why the root canal he did two weeks ago is still hurting.
Then I go to work.
The next morning, Thursday, is when I go to the oral surgeon for the exploratory surgery to find out why the other side of my gob hurts.
It is all giving me the "right 'ump".

Still, never mind.  Friday Alanmas begins but Laurenmas ends the next day, Saturday.
I shall be very sad to see them go.   Poor Alan and Philip.....I will be a "misery" then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home