Thursday, December 20, 2012

She wanted snow !!!

Donna said she wanted snow for Christmas here.
Be careful what you wish for.
The snow storm was forecast for today.  Originally it was forecast to start last night.
I was worried it would affect her travel plans.
She was going to get a plane to Chicago and then a connecting flight to Milwaukee.
Luckily Philip, bless him, managed to collect her from Chicago and it was a good job he did.
He got Donna and Lauren both here just as the real snow started.  Phew !!!
They announced on the news that Milwaukee airport would be cancelling flights.
But, they are here now and Donna is delighted with her snow.
It continues overnight and then we have some very cold weather over the weekend.
Snow again on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
A white Christmas indeed.
I am pleased for her.  She loves it so much.

I have had my own adventures this week.
A root canal on a tooth on Monday, an angina attack on Tuesday, jaw pain on the other side from the root canal on Wednesday - resulting in a trip to an oral surgeon today.
My dentist thought that a root tip had been left in my jaw from a previous extraction.
Nightmare.
This would mean surgery....really nasty stuff....to get it out today.
The oral surgeon, after having taken more x rays and a ct scan, said he could not see a root tip and was not going to go cutting around trying to find one unless he had very good reason to.
So, the result is, I have antibiotics.  He said he would wait until I finish them and then see what happens.  If I have any more trouble then he will investigate further.
I was so upset.  I thought I was going to spend Christmas with my gob stitched up and thoroughly miserable.
He also said that if I have any further problems I must phone him......even if it is Christmas Day !!!
He insisted that I should phone him and he would help me...again saying even on Christmas Day !!
He is a lovely man.  I hope I don't need to see him again but I have complete faith in him.

I hope Donna and Lauren have a wonderful stay with us.  She brought me lots of British supplies to replenish my stash.
Alanmas begins before they leave this year so we have an overlap.
I don't mind at all.  We have plenty of room.   I know Alan is counting the days.  Bless him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home