Thursday, January 10, 2013

Flurries.....Ha

Apparently there are snow flurries forecast for England next week.
I looked up Kent and the temperature isn't even getting down to freezing.  The lowest it is supposed to be going is 38F.   Which is way above freezing.
It said there may be a rain / snow mix on a couple of days.
So if it happens, it will be that wet mix that doesn't settle and is gone pretty quick. 
I am just waiting for facebook to erupt in an explosion of angst about getting a few snowflakes.
Will there be the usual complaints of people suddenly unable to walk across the car park, unable to drive and falling over?  You betcha.

Today was oral surgeon day.
Gary, bless him, collected me at 8.30am.   We managed to find our way to the doctor's office, which is in itself, no mean feat for Gary and I.
We once spent a whole day at the zoo,  trying to meet Philip where we had arranged to meet him, only to find ourselves back at the sea lions, no matter which way we went.
An irritated Philip eventually came and found us.......at the sea lions.

On our way, Gary showed me the problems he was having with his knob.
Such a shame in one so young.

On arrival at the surgery I was shown into an operating room and hooked up to blood pressure monitors, pulse monitors....other things monitors and oxygen.
Bugger, thought I, I wanted to have a word with the surgeon before he started but it didn't look like I was going to get the chance.
Being brought up not only British, but also never to make a fuss, I resigned myself to my fate and to my severely depleted bank balance.
The surgeon arrived and asked me how I was feeling.  Glory be.
I told him I was feeling fine and explained how it seemed to flare up every time I had had work done on the root canal........and then ease off again.
I told him what my dentist had suggested.  I told him all this through the oxygen mask thingy I was wearing.  It was all slightly surreal.
He looked again at the x rays and then decided he did not think it was a good idea for him to go digging around as he too suspects that it is a nerve/ neurological type problem.
Now my root canal is (hopefully) finished, he wants to wait and see if things settle down by themselves.  He also gave me advice on how to avoid irritating it.
I am easily irritated lately.
He then ordered the nurses to unhook me from all the devices and brought me back to Gary who was waiting nervously in the waiting room.
Kudos to this guy.  He is one of the top oral surgeons in Wisconsin and could quite easily have gone ahead with the surgery and charged me mega bucks for it.
I will still get a bill but it won't be for anywhere near as much.
I find this very refreshing in a land where the dollar bill reigns supreme.
I would not hesitate to see him again if I had a problem.
I wonder if he could help Gary with his knob?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home