Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jolly Boys Outing Day 4 Tuesday May 15th 2012

Very tired this morning.
Second night of very little sleep. 
Philip had booked a game of golf for 7am.  Of course we would all think this was totally mad but the temperatures here meant it would be impossible to play later.
It was going to be 109F today.
While he was golfing I went for a swim only to find the pool locked.  I then saw an attendant unlocking some of the gates.
I approached waiting to get in.
Oh oh....she was a 'job's worth'.
She told me the pool was dirty because the palm trees had been clipped on Sunday evening and the pool had been locked all day Monday.  Apparently I was welcome to walk to another pool.
That was rubbish.
I told her that I had watched the trees being clipped Monday morning, ( not Sunday evening) ........actually it was fascinating as the guys shimmied up the trunks and lopped the old palms off with machetes.  Then they sort of abseiled down again.
I also told her the pool had not been locked all day yesterday.
She said it had.
I told her, not only had it not been locked, but that I swam in the blooming thing along with a couple of dozen other people.
She didn't like that.
I asked her it could be that we were allowed to swim in it yesterday but not today.
She then sniffed and said she hadn't actually said I couldn't swim in it.
Well, that's alright then, I told her.  It didn't kill me yesterday so I expect I shall be ok today.
I had my swim. 
Shouldn't argue with me when I have had no sleep for two nights.

We had brekkie at a cowboy themed restaraunt.
There was sawdust on the floor but fortunately a distinct lack of spittoons.
The waitress had a gun on her hip.  A friend of mine has since said that there probably were not many complaints in that place.
Even the door handles were guns.  Loved it.

We then set off for the Challenger Space Science Centre.
I needed to go somewhere indoors as the heat made outdoor activities pretty much impossible.
It was a bit of a disappointment.  Not too much there but what was there was interesting.
This evening we returned to Bella Luna where we knew the grub was good and it was.
We got back and packed ready for the return journey.
We had to be up at 5am for a morning flight and desperately needed some sleep this night.
We hadn't heard next door or upstairs all day.
Next door were probably still too terrified to speak above a whisper and we harboured hopes that upstairs may have gone home.
We were wrong.
They kicked off around midnight again.
2.30am we called security and it eventually quietened down about 3.30am.
Great..........we have to be up in an hour and a half.
No sleep at all for me this night.
This relaxing vacation had turned us into two sleep deprived zombies.
Sigh............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home