Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jolly Boys Outing Day 3 Monday May 14th 2012

Tired this morning after last night's shennanigens.
Just a bagel brekkie and then off on a two and a half hour trip to Sedona National Park..
This would be our first visit to a national park.
It was Philip's idea to go and he seemed to enjoy the drive.  There isn't much on the road as you can see. I was fascinated by some of the road and place names.

Happy Valley.
Carefree Highway.
Daisy Mountain.
Horsethief Basin.
Bloody Basin.

There were also various Mesas.
Philip's boss had recommended  a restaurant for lunch that he said had a fabulous view.
We found it (isn't gps wonderful) but to be honest there had been better views on the drive up.
We won't tell him that though.
Sedona is north of Phoenix and the temperature here was around 88F with a light breeze.
After yesterday it felt wonderful.  I think this was a very good idea of Philip's even though I wasn't keen on the long drive initially.
We found our first gift shop !!   I had been surprised at the number of gift shops (none) since we arrived.   I managed to find a couple of Christmas ornaments to take back. 
We have a bit of a tradition to buy a Christmas ornament whenever we travel.
At Christmas it is lovely to remember each trip with every ornament I unwrap.
We then drove back and guess what ???    We saw tumbleweed !!
It is one of those things you see in cartoons and movies but I had never seen the real stuff before.
We both marvelled at it as it blew across the road.
Amazing what daft things catch your attention.

When we got back I had another swim and then we went out to dinner.  Oooh Mimi's looked good.
All we should have done was look.   It was pants.
Big, smelly pants. 
Back to the room, upstairs had been quiet all day.  Hopefully they were still recovering from the previous night (we were) and we would get a decent night's sleep.
Not a chance.
This time it was the people next door.   There was an adjoining door between our room and theirs.  It was locked but I assume if you were in a big group that it would be open.
It also had no soundproofing at all.    The bunch of yacking girls in there had loud, piercing voices that came right through.
It all kicked off around midnight and Philip was getting annoyed.  I did say that we couldn't really complain about people talking in their own room, but.......it got louder and louder until they were shrieking and squealing at each other.
About 2.30am I had had enough and banged so hard on the adjoining door I thought I would go through. Philip yelled at them to be quiet too.
Silence.
Absolute silence.  I think we frightened the bejeebas out of them.  Of course now I am so mad and fully awake  that I couldn't sleep.
Sigh...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home