Sunday, January 15, 2012

Every day he's shuffling ....I mean shovelling.

Well we knew it couldn't last.
We have been all through November and December with barely a flake or two of snow.
That changed on Wednesday.
We got quite a decent dollop of snow but we have had worse. Much worse.
The temperature has dropped dramatically too.
Oh well.......it gave Unky Al an excuse to get outside with his shovel.
I am quite liking it at the moment.
Wisconsin in January just didn't seem right without the snow.

Tootsie is growing fast.
I think she is trying to catch up with her feet.
She is the kitten with many, many toes, or as Gary calls her "the one with feet as big as her head".
This afternoon, Sunday, we went to see the Admirals play ice hockey.
It is a pity they decided to play tiddly winks instead.
They were playing the Lake Erie Monsters.
We had to leave early so that Alan could get back to see The Green Bay Packers play The New York Giants on the telly.
Oh it is all go in this house. Sporting events all over the shop.
The Admirals were losing when we left so it wasn't hard to drag ourselves away.
They were playing like a bunch of 'big girl's blouses', although there were a couple of punch ups.
Gary and I had a giggle making rude comments about the Monster's names and about a guy with a camera.
Philip said this guy's was bigger than Gary's ........well Gary took umbrage over that.
Gary has promised to send me some photos so I will tell you more when he does.

Apart from this.........meh.......I have been feeling a bit down. I wake up in the morning feeling like I have been hit by a truck, and I never have a pen and paper to write down his number plate.
I then feel tired most of the day. I think it is depression.
If I went to the doctor he would probably say, " Have you had this before?"
I would reply, "Yes."
"Well you've got it again," he would say.

I am a bit worried about a friend of mine too. He seems to be having a rough time lately, looking for another job etc. He sounds rather depressed to me. He seems to have lost interest in the things he used to love doing. He has lost his sparkle. I know how hard it is to get through stuff like that. As I am way over here there isn't a lot I can help him with. I hope things work out for him soon. It seems to me that if you can manage to sort out the main problem, then the others soon work out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home