Friday, January 21, 2011

Ice Age.

Well, the weather man didn't lie.
When I got up this morning the thermometer read 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
But the windchill is minus 30 Fahrenheit.
I am not even going to look at what that is in Centigrade.
Yet the squirrels are still chasing around in the snow.......how can that be?
Why aren't they hibernating?
I would if I were a squirrel.

I do get fed up in January.
I hate being stuck indoors and get cabin fever bloody quick.
It is more frustrating because the sky is a clear blue and the sun is shining so brightly.
A beautiful day ........if it wasn't for the cold.
No way will I be stepping outside today.
I went to Pat's yesterday evening whilst Statler and Waldorf went to see The Green Hornet, and just walking from the car to the door was frigid.

The Green Bay Packers play The Chicago Bears on Sunday and you would think there had never been any other football game before.
All the news, TV and radio, is driving me nuts.
We have had everyone's opinion of the outcome. It started sensibly enough with players and managers......then drifted to "the man on the street"......and "the man in the bar"............"the man sitting at the traffic lights in his car".........pretty soon it will deteriorate into ........"the man in the next cubicle"........and then "the man rummaging through the rubbish bin's sister's brother in law's budgie".
None of this will make a jot of difference.
If they are winning I will get many a drunken phone call from Pat.
If they are losing..........not so much.
Alan will be chewing his nails, drinking his beer and slapping his thigh.
Bless.

If this is how it is now..........oh bugger.......if they do win and go to the Super Bowl........imagine how that will be.
Who will they ask an opinion of then?

Oh almost forgot.
During the latest round of snow I was concerned because Merv was not out there tending to his hole.
In fact, the hole totally disappeared..........NO MERV'S HOLE.........never been known.
I thought he must be ill........very ill.
Happily he was out there the next day. He must have been away somewhere.
His poor wife. Merv must have been a nightmare fretting about his hole.
But, balance has been restored to the universe.
Merv, was out there all the next day digging for his hole.
Hole is now restored.
Merv then cleared his drive, paths, sidewalks and lastly............I saw him digging the road.
The snowplough obviously doesn't do a good enough job for Merv.
Lord help the snowplough driver if Merv ever catches him out there.
Hmmm........I notice they don't ask Merv his opinion of The Packers & Bears game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home