Monday, January 24, 2011

A Funny Old Day

I think he is ready?
Ready for the game, I mean. What game? WHAT GAME?
The Superbowl of course.
As you may have guessed.....The Green Bay Packers beat The Chicago Bears yesterday which means that The Packers are NFC Champions and they now go to the superbowl to play The Steelers.
It also means I have to go watch it in a bar with my mate Pat and a multitude of drunken Milwaukee -ites.
A promise is a promise and I said I would so I will.
She turned up here yesterday, after the game, with a Packers fleece shirt and a cap for me to wear when we go.
She had just gone and bought them specially for me. I had thought she might loan me some stuff of hers but she is quite a lot bigger than me.
How sweet of her to go and buy them for me. She wouldn't take any money either.
They better bloody win now.
The day finished better than it started.

I am not usually grumpy in the morning but I am usually sleeping at 8.30am on a Sunday morning.
Yesterday was no exception.
8.30am and me be peeping.
How does someones mind work when they think........"Coo this would be a funny wheeze. I will get my Superman finger puppet (that I got for Christmas) and I will smoosh it into Sue's (sleeping) face and say 'Do you want to be my Lois Lane'? I bet that will make her laugh. She will be so happy that I woke her like this on a Sunday morning at 8.30".

Well if your mind works like this I would seriously consider wearing a big hat........and probably body armour.
I was not amused, to put it mildly.
Said person then got in a huff because I didn't find it funny.
I WAS SLEEPING.......GET IT..........SLEEPING.
I know many people who would have been far less amused than me.
I think he knows not to do that again though.


On another note.
Alan cooked us a lubbly dinner on Wednesday.
I took this picture of dessert. It was raspberry mousse with an upside down question mark on top.......no it was some sort of posh biscuit.
Lubbly Jubbly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home