Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rainy Day

Just a few of my efforts today.


Pot of chilli for about 12 I think.



This picture made me chuckle.
If you buy this gun you want to make sure you don't upset the trigger.

Today has been a busy one.
I was contemplating going to the mall but when I got up this morning it was raining hard.
It has continued to do so ever since.
We don't often get a day like this in Milwaukee. We call them "Bradford Days" when they do happen.

I think the weather affects me as my knee, hip and neck have hurt all day.
I decided not to go out and then did more work by staying in.
Doh !

Fortunately the forecast for tomorrow is very good. Warm and sunny.
Apart from having to go to work it is also the first day of River Rhythms - the free concerts in the park downtown.
So, I decided to do some baking.
Trouble is, I can never just do enough. I always seem to think I am feeding an army.
We are meeting Gary there tomorrow but that still makes only 3 of us.
So, what did I make?

I made about 24 cheese, onion & tomato palmiers (puff pastry made into the shape of this
o^o - that's as near as I can make it).
I made about 24 parmesan, chive & garlic whirls.
I made 12 small quiches.
Then with the left over pastry I made little purses filled with tomato, onion, parmesan etc.

After spending much of the day making pastry & baking I was still surprised when I saw how much stuff I had made.
So, I have frozen half of it.
We will take the other half tomorrow along with chicken, rolls, celery, carrots, crackers, dips & strawberries.
Sigh.......what am I like? We are only going to be there for 2/3 hours - not a week.

I have now also made a huge pot of chilli for dinner tonight (veggie chilli), and I will freeze about 6 containers of that too.

I am now going to have a cup of tea.
Next time I decide to start baking - I am going to the mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home