Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend....busy, busy....

Saturday Philip was up and out early to help his mate move.
We both thought it was going to be a day-long event but he was home by lunchtime.
They had already been moving boxes of stuff for the past week and it was just the furniture etc that was left.
Having 6 blokes doing the move also helped.
In the evening I cooked a slab of salmon he had caught on Thursday.
I did it in wine and pesto with herbs and it was delish.
With it we had pasta with shrimp and garlic bread. The salmon really was lovely and I am so glad I didn't have to clean the thing.

Sunday it was off to Chocolate Fest.
They do a lot of festering here in Wisconsin.
They do a lot of frying too.
I took this picture just to show how ridiculous it has become. Deep fried pickles indeed.
There was also one that did deep fried oreo biscuits......how yukky is that?

Anyway, it was a very hot day. Probably not the best weather for Chocolate Fest but it was a lot of fun.
We picked Gary up and dragged him along too.

There was a fabulous band playing in one of the beer tents. Wisconsin does a lot of beer drinking too.
It is funny how you can go to something like this and then see a really good band.
They were called Road Rage and I shall be looking out for them again.
The lemonade I am drinking in the picture is made fresh with real lemons when you order it.
It is very delish.
Unfortunately we did miss Cactus Charlie - World Famous Rope Spinner and I did lose the camera case but apart from that it was a fab day.

This is a picture of the climbing rose on the front of our house.
When we first moved here it was rubbish.
A very sad and sorry looking rose. I didn't help by pruning it back in the Autumn for two years.
It was so pants I was ready to dig it out but looked online first.
Hah........you are not supposed to prune them at all.
So, the year before last I didn't. It grew a bit better.
Again last year....I left it alone. It now looks like a different rose. It is full of buds and flowers.
I am so chuffed. It looks so pretty against the white of the house.
I have another one that I think may be a climber that I have been hacking at every year. I won't this time and see if I can do the same again.

So, Monday was a gardening day.
We bought one more holly tree so that meant we had two hollies and a blue spruce to plant.
We wanted prickly stuff to keep the kids off that side of the front garden. Mean eh.
The blue spruce is soooooooo prickly we called it Bitey.

We had brekkie out first then got the last holly and some more mulch etc.
After mowing the lawn Philip dug out the holes and I planted the trees/bushes.
It wasn't easy as my back/hip/leg is playing up.
I do get sciatica now and again but this seems to be hopping between the hip and the back.
Sigh............
Philip's back & neck are playing him up too so we make a right pair trying to garden.
It all got done and if I do say so myself it looks lovely.
I will take some pix and put them on Facebook. I have more of Chocolate Fest I need to put on there too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home