Thursday, May 13, 2010

An odd week..........

Bit of an odd week really.
The little yellow birds are back.
This picture looks a bit dark but it is taken through the window screen.
Good job we have window screens or there would be far fewer little yellow birds about.
The kitties drool at them.
Looby Loo growls and snarls. It seems to keep the cats amused and the little yellow birds are oblivious to their threats.

Monday I went swimming with my mate June.
We usually go on Fridays but we couldn't last Friday as she had a previous engagement.
Going on Monday sort of threw me out for the rest of the week.
I have become such a creature of habit that doing a Friday activity on a Monday put me in a tizzy.
Oh dear........I can remember getting cross with Granddad for having too rigid a schedule about minor things.
I shall have to watch it.

I have been a bit poorly too. All my joints were aching and my get up and go had got up and gone. Philip said something similar was doing the rounds in his office.
It had seemed to skip him but hitched a ride home to me.
Nah.......must have been because I went swimming on a Monday.

It was the American Mother's Day on Sunday.
I don't know why it is different.
Father's Day is on the same date as Britain. So why Mother's Day should be different I don't know.
As usual, both Mother's Days had managed to escape my son's notice despite reminders from me.
Again, as usual, he phoned full of woe as to why a trip to the post office had been an impossible expedition for him.
I expect he lacked the required team of sherpas to reach the summit of Mount Post Office.
Bless him.
He tells me he has bought me season two of Outnumbered, which is supposed to be the best one.
I have been watching the first season which he got me for my birthday.
He says he will send it.
I hope the postman doesn't steal it as he must have done with my Bombay Mix which another certain party said they would send to me a couple of months ago.
I ask you, why else would these things not arrive as promised?

The kitties bought me a gnome, some posh popcorn and a pair of lovely earrings. So I did alright in the end.
In the picture, Lollipop has laid claim to the gift bag but may soon be ousted by Lily.

Today the galloping lurgy caught up with Philip and he is home from work.
He is also unable to play golf this afternoon either.
I don't know what the weather is like over there but here it is bloody cold.
We had major storms during the night too.
I do hope it warms up soon as before long we will be heading back to snow.

Another gem from Dave Barry.

If a man buys something for somebody - his wife, for example - it is going to be something he believes she actually needs, such as an extension lead.
Maybe, if he is feeling especially romantic, he will get her the 20 - footer.

I wonder if when Hannibal lead his army and elephants across the alps he was going to post a Mother's Day card?
His mum must have been really proud.

2 Comments:

At May 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Blogger waukuching said...

little yellow bird - possibly female Baltimore Oriole ? piccy here:

http://www.1costaricalink.com/costa_rica_fauna/baltimore_oriole.htm

Terry, via M Badger Esq

 
At May 15, 2010 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Oh pants that link didn't work for me, but I will take your word for it. Ta ever so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home