Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kites

I was watching the news this morning and they were talking about the Milwaukee Family Kite Festival.
Now I knew there was a festival in September but I hadn't realised there was one at the end of May.
Apparently, it is a rather splendid affair too.
I think it is on for 2 or 3 days and they have kite flyers coming from all over the country.
Canada sends a team too.
They said that the Chicago Kite Flyers will be there and they are world champions.
I don't know about that.
They are probably very, very good but it is the habit over here to say that a team of any sort that are American champions are "world" champions also.

The festival is held right on the lakefront. Hopefully the weather will be like it is right now....warm, sunny and a little windy.

Anyone who would like to go another year only has to let me know.
I know some friends from Blighty used to be into kite flying in a big way.

On another note.
The bunnies are back. `
I am so glad. Our little Bun Bun has taken up residence in the back garden again.
The squirrels have been busy too. There were babies chasing each other up and down the trees.
That really keeps the cats amused.

On a final note.
The American versions of Wayne and Waynetta were on my bus this afternoon.
They were having an almighty row and finished up sitting in different seats.
Unfortunately, he decided to sit a bit behind me and took out his frustrations by punching and kicking the seat right behind me.
I did not turn around or make any eye contact.
When they had boarded the bus I couldn't help but notice his jeans.
The waistline of said jeans was just above his knees.
Had his trousers been any lower he would have been dragging them along behind him.

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

Next year, maybe :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home