Saturday, June 5, 2010

Winkling on....

The winkle mystery didn't really deepen.
It seems there are still winkles to be found, if you know where to look.
I am reliably informed that Romford Market has them and that various seaside resorts still have them.
Does anyone still eat them then?
My friend, Gary, has found them on sale for $13 for 11ounces. That is in shell.
By the time you've winkled the little buggers out you would have about a tablespoon full.
I knew someone would try to make them up-market.

Donna and Glenn surprised me by remembering granddad eating winkles on a Sunday.
In fact, Donna reminded me that as a toddler she would eat them too.
Glenn didn't. He does remember granddad's winkle sandwich though.

Another friend told me his wife remembers her dad eating them. She used to take the little discs, that I called hats, and stick them to her face as beauty spots.
Oh...I wish I had thought of that.




Dave Barry quote :

Summer holiday season is almost here, and if you have kids, you know what that means!
It's time to put them up for adoption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home