Monday, June 14, 2010

Jurassic Zoo

This photo totally sums up the relationship between Philip and myself.
Oh look, bless him.......I am embarrassing him yet again.
Instead of just posing politely in front of a big, nasty dinosaur, I think it is far more natural to scream bloody murder.
Well you would. So I did.
I think he was wishing the blooming thing would eat me.......and who could blame him.

We went to Gary's company picnic at the zoo on Sunday.
It was brill.
There was lots of grub & music too.
As you may have noticed they have a new exhibit of dinosaurs.
This was mega brill.
They are animated and have sound too. So not only do they turn to look at you, they roar.
There are baby ones who squeak as well.
Another one spits water. Most of the adults worked this out pretty quickly when they saw the water on the ground in front of it.
Fortunately most of the kids didn't until they had water squirted at them.
I thought it was funny anyway.


The T. Rex was amazing.
It had a juvenile and a nest of babies.
Before you got to it you could here the "boom, boom"......thud of footsteps just like in Jurassic Park.
Some of the smaller kids were frightened but when others were staring at the dinos I longed to creep up behind them and give them a fright.
As they were not my kids, I think their parents may have objected.
So I controlled the urge........but only just.
Little kids know so much about dinosaurs.
I pointed out the T. Rex to one little boy, maybe 5 years old, and he replied in a most mature manner "Oh yes that is a carnivore".



I told his mother that I would have done better going round with him as Gary was telling me a load of rubbish about each dinosaur.
We were at the velociraptors when he pointed out the large claw on the back feet.

He said, " do you see that huge claw that sticks up?"
"Oh yes", I replied.
"Well, that is called The Stick Up Claw".

Priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home