Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls.

It was Alan's birthday before he left.
He doesn't look that impressed with this year's cake.
Well....I usually make him a big cake but as he and Philip were both leaving just after Alan's birthday, there seemed little point.
I don't really eat cake, nor do Donna and Lauren.
So, I made him a couple of little, rich fruit cakes.
He ate them both.
They were full of brandy and sherry, so I think he liked them.
Bless.

Donna and Lauren are here.
I love it.
We have rented a car and Donna has been driving whilst I navigate.
Recipe for disaster there.
Me navigating I mean. Donna is a very good driver.
We do have Hilda.
Hilda is Philip's Sat Nav thingy that I bought him a couple of Christmasses ago.
Hilda has been a bit pants......I am surprised at this.........but.........she has tried to send us all around the houses when I knew a more straightforward route.
I have renamed her Mrs Leftie.
Over here, turning left is the toughest thing.
Turning right is fab. We drive on the right and if you are at a traffic light that is red and you are turning right..............you can go.........as long as the road is clear.
Hilda.......Mrs Leftie.......wants to send us on long journeys with lots of left turns.
I don't know much but I have over ruled her quite a few times now.
Actually Donna has done really well. We call each journey an adventure. What with the mountains of snow and ice .........she has been amazing.
This is Lauren cuddling Lily.
Bubba is trying not to be left out.
He snuggles in with her every night when she goes to bed. Lauren is a lovely kid. I know she is my granddaughter, but she really is a smasher.
We all get on so well..........Donna has extended her stay until the 26th.
I hate the thought of them leaving.
I shall be devastated.
Sigh............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home