Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Exciting .......'innit'

Well, there has been a bit of excitement since yesterday morning.

As I have probably mentioned, Philip and Alan are off to see the long lost brother in Scotland on Feb 13th.
I was chatting to Donna yesterday and she was telling me how fed up she has been lately. She was online looking at holidays for the half term.
She said that to go to the Canary Islands was over 1000 pounds for her and Lauren.
She then looked at Butlins and that would have cost over 500 pounds just for 4 days.

We then realised that the week Philip and Alan are gone is half term.
I will be here all by myself.
Lauren's school has the Friday before and the Monday after off too.
Why should they be all by themselves over there and me be all by myself over here?
Seems daft really.

So, she looked up the cost of flights and she has now booked for them to come over on Feb 12th going back on Feb 22nd.....for just 653 pounds total for them both.

We are both so excited. It has cheered her up already.
It just never occurred to us before and having the extra days has made it worthwhile.
Now I haven't got to wait until Summer to see Lauren or September to see Donna.
Brill.

I have asked her if she is handy with a snow shovel and she says she is.
I am now making a few plans of places to go and things to do while they are here.

It is quite amazing to think that all this happened in one day.
We went from, not even thinking about her coming over ..........to having it planned and booked .....all in a day.
She has even arranged for someone to come and house sit and look after the kitties while she is away.
Sorted.



2 Comments:

At February 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Blogger kalon said...

I'd love to go to the field museum in Chicago, they have a very special Tyrannosaurus Rex there.

 
At February 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Actually, the field museum is pants.
The T.Rex is good....and is named Sue.....but the museum itself is old fashioned and stuffy.
The Milwaukee Public museum is way better. You would love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home