Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is he nearly here yet????????????

Well Alanmas seems to be getting off to a dodgy start.
I am used to keeping an eye on the snow situation over here but haven't had too worry to much about it over there before.
I read the BBC online this morning and saw all the horrendous snow disruption stories.
Hmmmmmmmmm.............what was happening at Heathrow? Thought I.
I looked up the website.......these interwebs are brill, what did we do without them........and it said that there were some delays.
Alan's flight was due to leave around 2.30 pm.
Off went I to work.
I yomped through our snow and ice whilst worrying about the conditions on the other side of the pond.
I phoned Philip from work to see if he could find out if the flight had taken off on time.
No it hadn't.
Then he had a thought..........he has had one of these before so it didn't come as too much of a shock.........what about the flight Alan gets from Guernsey?
A quick shufty online revealed that Guernsey and Jersey airports were closed.
Oh bugger.
We don't know if he was getting the flight from Guernsey today or if, as he has done before, he left yesterday.
Gatwick was also closed. I am pretty sure he gets a flight from Guernsey to Gatwick and then makes his way to Heathrow.
A couple of hours later we found that the flight from Heathrow had taken off, but, is he on it?
Did he get off Guernsey?
Apparently there is no way to see a passenger list so we can't find out.
When I got in from work there was no message on the machine. I feel sure that had he not been able to make the flight from Heathrow, for one reason or another, then he would have phoned to let us know.
I do hope so.
Philip will not be a happy chappy if he drives all the way to .......and waits at.......Chicago airport only to find that Alan is elsewhere.
So, if he is on his way then I don't expect them to arrive here until around 9 pm, which is around the time we are supposed to be starting another major "snow event".
Oh well it will give Alan something to do the next day...............unless he is still in Guernsey, which if he hasn't let us know ......is probably the best place for him.
Poor Alan.
Alanmas is not starting well.

2 Comments:

At January 6, 2010 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

He would have phoned if he'd missed the flight.
Wouldn't he?

 
At January 6, 2010 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

I really hope so....I am sure he would....wouldn't he?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home