Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Day

Well, Father Christmas came to our house.
So, I must have been good after all.
This is the time when I miss the family.
I phoned Donna and Glenn, and also spoke to Lauren. They were all having a brill time.
Philip phoned the long lost brother and family.
They were spending Christmas with their stepfather. We had a chat with them all.
They had been to the pub so were full of the Christmas spirit.
Alan phoned after dinner. He said he hadn't been down to the pub, but he sounded rather merry.
This lead me to believe he was fibbing.
He is also very happy that Alanmas begins on January 6th.
I think he knows how many minutes there are to go.


Someone was caught in the act of biting the bows off the gifts.
Not that she cared.
I got lots of lovely things.
A couple of watches, jewellery, smellies, hat, gloves and scarf, ermmm.......sweeties, slippers, dressing gown.......oh way too much.
I got Philip lots of things too.
Blue tooth dvd thingies. Star Trek movie, Wolverine........errmmmmmm Bourne Trilogy.
I also got him a new sound system for his computer.
And, that in which he is engrossed right now.........Batman Arkham Asylum....a game for the X. Box.
I also got him smellies, sweeties, slippers,........etc etc.
So we both did very well.

Gary came over.
Lily was very pleased about that. She loves Gary and spent the whole afternoon snuggled up with him.
She is quite picky about who she snuggles with too.
He had dinner with us and stayed until around 11.30 pm.
I was a bit worried about him getting home as it was still snowing.
Actually, we are now Boxing Day afternoon (only they don't have Boxing Day here) and it is STILL snowing.
We all ate way too much chocolate. I had lots of liqueurs, which is a tradition for me at Christmas.
I have to buy them at Heathrow airport on the way back from my visit as they don't seem to do them here.
I had my sherry (cook's perks) whilst cooking dinner, champers with dinner and then cosmos after dinner.......hic...........was lovely.

Next year Lauren insists she is spending Christmas with us. I hope she does as we love having her here. Having a child around makes it for me.

Today we are not doing much.
I cooked enough food yesterday to feed two armies so I don't need to cook today.

I got a letter from Norman Stanley on Christmas Eve. How fab was that!!!!
He sounded ok although I think his Christmas might have been a bit grim.
Hopefully he will put all this behind him and have a much better time next year.

I hope all my chums had fun and I will be looking forward to seeing you all in 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home