Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We did it first.

I have found out that in Minnesota they have a production of Christmas Carol done by Klingons.
Take a peek here if you don't believe me.

http://cbtheatre.org/KCC2009/KCC2009-photos.htm

Pah.......say I ........we did it first.
We were doing Klingon Pantos before they had ever dreamed of doing Christmas Carol.
Oh what fun they were too.
Mind you........I have never made up so many Klingons at one time.
So many wigs.....so much make up.........so much liquid latex.

Such inventive names..........I remember one who they tried to video with me, can't remember the story line, just know that I completely lost it every time he spoke.
He never kept to the script, would throw in outrageously rude lines and my being a helplessly giggling Klingon just didn't seem fit the part somehow.
Those that were part of the set up then will remember Rabid Sod.

I do believe that everyone who took part had a lot of fun.
Those that didn't want to be made into Klingons had equally important roles as ambassadors and were part of a jury....if I remember correctly........in one of our epics.

Poor Dave probably felt the way he does right now after having his tooth out.
He was playing the part of a Klingon who had been stabbed and had fake blood all over his shirt.
There was much arguing and blustering going on.......as is the way with Klingons.....and no one seemed to be paying attention to poor K'utee.....I think that is how you spell his Klingon name....with his stab wound.

He totally floored me when amongst all this rambunctious Klingon bravado he announced pathetically......
"Well no one seems to be taking any notice of me and I am really rather poorly."
Oh my goodness........a fierce Klingon who was feeling really rather poorly.
I understand that is how he is feeling today and hope that he is better soon.
Q'apla !!

Talking of fierce.
He's back.
This is a photo of the red tail hawk taken in our tree yesterday.
This is right above our birdie feeder. Needless to say that the birdies had all buggered off.
I watched him for a while until he slowly flapped away.
I know he is just as hungry as the other birdies but hope he gets his dinner elsewhere.

Yesterday evening the snow was really starting to mean it so I thought I had better put some food out for the raccoon and the rabbits.
I was so pleased when I looked out of the kitchen window and saw a possum scrabbling through the snow, searching for some goodies.
I love possums. We had one that used to visit us every night a few years ago but that was when we lived in another part of Milwaukee.
I called that one Blossom the Possum.
I shall name this one Blossom too or Blossom Two............
I will put more stuff out tonight and watch for it. It must be so hard for these animals with all the snow on the ground.
Getting very cold tomorrow too........so I am told.....could be minus 20C.

3 Comments:

At December 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

I *was* rather poorly, but not as poorly as when I had that tooth out....

 
At December 13, 2009 at 4:01 PM , Blogger kalon said...

oh halcyon days Sue, I remember every moment with a smile, if the chance to do it again ever arose, I'd jump in feet first, although i may need a wig these days. oh the years have been cruel. Kalon wouldn't need a wig and if he did he'd probably scalp Raboid Sod for one, QeH B'naL's was too unmanly and Uno's was too blonde! love too all.
XX

 
At December 13, 2009 at 4:01 PM , Blogger kalon said...

Dave's death scene was oscar worthy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home