Monday, December 7, 2009

Dysmorff.....dismorth......dysmogrification..........

Poor Bubba.
I think he has the opposite of the condition that anorexics have.
The one where , if they look in the mirror they see themselves as fatter than they are.
Bubba thinks he is slimmer than he is.
He was determined to fit into this cat bed (bought for Lily who is of a much lighter constitution).
Give him his due ....he did get into it............eventually.
Although by the look on his face, he didn't get a lot of pleasure out of it.

A friend's blog talks of global warming and the summit......etc.
Well, there isn't much evidence of it here.
We are currently under a severe winter storm warning with 14 inches of snow predicted tomorrow night and into Wednesday.
That should make walking to and from the bus stop interesting.

On Saturday we went for brekkie at our usual Saturday brekkie place.......Panera Bread.
I had my usual bagel and cream cheese , which was delish..............but...........sitting just across from us was ........Father Christmas.
Not your run of the mill, everyday, mall, pretend Father Christmas .........but the real one.
He was sitting with his chums, not elves though, eating his brekkie !!!!!!!!!!!!
He was a big man, white beard and hair, dimples in his cheeks........he even wore a Santa hat.
I was enthralled.
I have never seen anyone look more like Father Christmas.
A lady who was sitting at the next table asked him if she and her daughter could have their photo taken with him.
He was more than happy to oblige and one of his friends, not an elf, took the photo for her.
Shortly after this he got up, as I thought to get more coffee or go to the loo.
Whilst he was gone, to Philip's utter dismay, I announced that I wanted him to take my photo with Father Christmas when he came back.
But then to Philip's delight..........he didn't.
He must have left the shop and I hadn't seen.
I was mortified.
That was the nearest I have ever come to having my photo taken with the real Father Christmas and I missed it.
Pants.
I hope I don't get a bit of coal for Christmas now.

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2009 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

I'm with the cat on this one....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home