Wednesday, November 11, 2009

UH HUH...........Oh Yeah...............

I know it takes all sorts............but there seems to be more than our share of "all sorts" in Milwaukee just lately.
Yesterday I was at the mall (posh for shops.....so I'm told) ..........I was in the food court actually just grabbing a coffee.
Anyway.......at a nearby table sat a man with a bottle of water.
Nothing unusual in that I hear you say.
He was drinking said water.
Still nothing strange there.
He was drinking this water by pouring small amounts into the cap and drinking from the cap.........over and over again.
He had obviously eaten something as he had plastic bags with remnants of something in them.
He wanted to throw these away.
Nothing difficult in that you would think.
Poor guy must have been even more OC than me.........he would pick this rubbish up.........walk to the rubbish bin..........lift the flap ...........stamp his foot really hard............put the rubbish nearly in the bin and then change his mind and bring it out again.
He then took it back to his table.
He repeated this procedure about 6 times before he was eventually able to put ONE of the bags of rubbish in the bin.
I left before he had managed to dispose of it all.
He is probably still there, stamping his foot and trying to throw his rubbish away.
Poor soul.

Then, coming home from work today...................Elvis is alive and well and travelling on Milwaukee buses.
I know this because he got on my bus.
He does look a little different......he had a little captain's hat on (I don't ever remember seeing him in one of those) and he carried a walking stick.
But it was definitely him because as soon as he sat down he started singing........LOUDLY........

"Yes-sir-ee, uh, uh
I'm gonna stick like glue
Stick, because I'm
Stuck on you"

He occasionally accompanied himself by banging his stick on the floor.............LOUDLY..........
He was still singing when I got off the bus. Everyone else was staring fixedly out of the windows and probably wishing it had been their stop too.

Lovely quote from one of my favourite writers.
Dave Barry

Q. Have scientists cloned any organisms?
A. In 1997, a group of Scottish scientists cloned a sheep named Dolly, which was genetically identical to the original sheep.

Q. How could they tell?
A. They had the original farmer take a hard look at it, and he said, quote: "That's her, all right!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home