Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Many a slip

Here is a friend of mine from when I lived in Ashford.
He was a next door neighbour many years ago.
He had been working in California for 7 years when a few weeks ago he had to leave as the time on his visa had expired.
He'd had a fabulous time in California, skiing and snow boarding in the mountains, hiking, climbing, water sports etc.
I felt so sorry for him when he had to leave and return to the UK.  I felt even more sorry for him when he told me his company were sending him to India.
Wow, what a culture shock that would be.
He was sent to work in the south of India, the hottest place, where they are currently having their hottest and most humid year. He will be there until at least Christmas.
Oh dear, I thought he would be ready to quit.
He did sound rather down about the whole situation, but started sending pictures back which were a world away from California.
Anyway, he seemed to perk up a bit and then he sent this photo.
He had got himself a part in a movie being made where he is living.  In this photo he is learning his lines.
He is playing a foreign tourist...lol.
He had a blast.
Hollywood to Bollywood.

What a brilliant attitude.  He didn't want to go there and could have sat around moping but instead he has been exploring his surroundings and also got into a movie.
He says he will buy the DVD just to see his name in the cast list.
I don't know that I could have stayed so positive, but the fact that he is making the most of it quite cheered me up.

I spoke too soon regarding the Middle Ages course I am taking.
It is still going quite well but the lecturer this week is a bit of a nightmare.
She speaks so fast and with such a thick Spanish accent that it is hard to follow.   I thought it was just me but there has been a bit of a furor in forums about it too.
You can slow the videos down but that just warps the sound and doesn't make things any easier.
They seem to have lost their way on content too, another subject people are getting bent out of shape about.
This week is all about religious relics and their containers.  Oh well, I didn't know anything much about the subject so it is good to learn these things.
I shall be interested to see what sort of mark I get for this course.

After a bit of a scare with Bubba on Thursday, the old boy has bounced back yet again.
He was rather poorly and it looked like we were going to have to make the decision on Friday.
Philip even let them know at work that he may not be in.
But, Thursday night he settled down on the bed with us, started purring and dozed off on my shoulder.
I told Philip there didn't seem much wrong with him and he agreed.
He is 17.  He is thin, a little wobbly, very forgetful and looks a lot like Worzel Gummidge.  But, he isn't going anywhere just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home