Monday, September 8, 2014

Royals

The news that another royal baby is on the way reminded me to publicly thank two very kind souls who sent me this tea towel from England.
It wasn't for any particular reason and came at a most fortuitous time.
So, I got together a little collection to show them how much I appreciate it.
I am not a fanatical royalist by any means, but it somehow makes me think of home to have a few bits and pieces like this around.
They are not the sort of thing I can buy here.
So, thank you again, Peter and Chris.

Wednesday was the final free River Rhythms concert.
Always a bit sad because it means summer is almost over and 'arctic joy' will soon be abounding all over the place.
The band was pretty good, easy to listen to and easy to forget.
The evening was warm too.  Just a lovely way to relax.  Unfortunately the 'pseudo celebs' didn't get the memo that this extra week had been added and there was no Mr Bean, Johnny Depp or their ilk.

The weekend weather was glorious.  What did we do?  Bugger all.
This was because poor Philip had to work from home Saturday afternoon and then he had to go into work at around 10pm and work all night, coming home at noon on Sunday.
It was a really important install and he had been preparing for it for months.
It was a shame that it happened to be such a lovely weekend as, of course, when he got home on Sunday he needed to go straight to sleep.
We don't complain about it as he only has something like this crop up, maybe, twice a year.
To cheer him up I cooked a special roast dinner for him on Sunday.
We both really enjoyed it....and there are leftovers !!!

I caught up with my knitting and I think I have 6 or 7 more blankets to take to the animal shelter now.
I am also doing another online course.
I am rather liking this one.  The last one was something of a fiasco, but I suppose they are all different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home