Friday, July 4, 2014

Wildlife


I think I am really fortunate to be able to sit at my window and watch all sorts of wildlife.
Donald & Daisy, the ducks, still visit, the bunny, Bun Bun, also visits every day.
The Chippies are still filling their little faces with all the bird food.

Here is a Chippy who is quite unconcerned about Bun Bun being there.
The squirrels, on the other hand, chase the Chippies away, but they don't go far and soon sneak back.
We have baby squirrels now.
They are so funny.  Philip and I were watching one today.  He was hanging from some low tree branches in the garden, swinging and then dropping down to do roly polys.
He was flying around the garden and then found one of the flags that the gas men had put in the lawn to indicate where pipes were.
Oh he did have fun with the flag.  It is on a flexible stick.  He was bending it over and then letting it go so it boinged backwards and forwards.
It makes me smile just watching the fun they have.

Today is July 4th.
This is something of an occasion over here.
We were going to watch the fireworks in the park but after spending the day steam cleaning the carpets, poor Philip didn't feel like getting changed and going out.
I can't say I blame him.
So we ordered pizza and stayed home.
I have seen fireworks before.
Also, I was brought up with having fireworks on cold, foggy nights. Soup and hot, baked potatoes rounded off the evening.
It just isn't the same to me to be sitting outside, in the heat, waiting for it to get dark enough to be able to see the fireworks.
November 5th will always be our favourite time for fireworks I think.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home