Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaa


We were going to River Rhythms tonight.
Note I said 'were'.
Gary, thoughtfully let me know that it will be a country & western band playing tonight.
I am sure they will be very good - if you like that sort of thing.
But Philip, absolutely, doesn't like that sort of thing.
So, I wasn't wrong when I told Gary I doubted we would be going.
Gary knew this anyway.
But, we are meeting up for a picnic in another park by the lake - without any yee haaaas, yahoos...and stuff like that there cowpoke.   I wonder why they called people 'cowpoke'......sounds dodgy to me.

The other thing to be taken into account is that people are now allowed to "open carry" their guns.

A park full of over excited, drunken, country music fans complete with guns just doesn't sound the safest place to be really.
Funny, I never had to worry about things like that when I went to the Kingsnorth Village Fete.
The most exciting thing that ever happened there was the year the kids dancing around the Maypole got so tangled that they tied themselves into a knot. They came to a complete standstill and burst into tears. Their mothers all rushed forward to untangle them and the day was saved. The only other memorable event was when I won the 'Guess the weight of the cake" competition.
Pretty exciting stuff.

If Kingsnorth Village had ever done a country music fest they would probably have hired this lot.  I would have preferred them I think. I do miss the old fashioned, genteel, English Fete. 


It is Bastille Days in downtown Milwaukee this weekend.  They erect a small Eifle Tower every year and have "storm the Bastille" races around the square.
No I don't know either.
We haven't been for a couple of years so we thought we might attend this time.
There are quite a few bands, food, stalls etc.
The highlight, for me, the last time we went, was a lady announcer who thought she spoke fluent french by putting "Oooh la la" at the end of every sentence.

"Sans serif Rodney, you know it makes sense."







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home