Friday, May 31, 2013

Galloping Lurgy

One of my cat lady friends from Facebook set me a task yesterday.
She asked if I could do a very simple, stylised line drawing of her cat, who has passed away. 
She wants to have a tattoo of her cat but obviously a photo won't do it.
Hmmmmmmm........sounded pretty easy.
It was not.
I am used to doing very detailed paintings of peoples pets.
Trying to simplify a photo down to a line drawing that still represented the actual cat proved very much more difficult than I anticipated.
I eventually, after much rubbing out and starting again, sent the above to the lady.
The only art ink pen I have is very fine.  
I know the lines need to be wider to strengthen the drawing.   So, when I emailed it to her I was worried in case she didn't like it.
I was waiting for her reaction.  I guessed that if she said something like "Oh yes...that is lovely"....then it would mean it is pants.
But, she emailed to tell me she had tears in her eyes when she saw it.   Bloody hell was it that bad.
No, she said I captured the true likeness of her kitty in that simple (pah wrong word) drawing.
I am rather surprised to be honest.
I promised her I would buy some pens at the weekend so that I can strengthen the outline, although I am sure a good tattoo artist could do that anyway.
I think I will offer this as another service.  I had never thought of it before.  You never know...it could be useful to someone.

Speaking of the cat ladies.
Although we are still battling the Galloping Lurgy in the Banks household, we are planning on heading to Madison tomorrow for the first meeting of the facebook cat ladies.
They are a great bunch of people and we are meeting at a hotel.  Someone of them are travelling a long way and staying the whole weekend.
We shall just go for the day.
I caused a stir among the ranks a few months ago when I mentioned something about the British delicacy known as "Spotted Dick".
At first they could not believe that there was a dessert so called.  The also could not stop giggling every time it was mentioned.
So, I have secured a tin of British "Spotted Dick" and I plan to let them raffle it.
It should cause a bit of fun.
There is one other husband going.
His wife asked me if Philip was interested in Sci Fi as her hubby is a huge Star Trek fan.
Of course I told her he is and she said when she told her husband a huge grin came over his face.
They are both cat lovers too so I think they should get along really well.
Nice to make new friends.

It is a week now since poor Lollipop passed away.   The other cats are sorting out the new pecking order.  Well,  the girls are sorting it out, Bubba (typical bloke) seems to have very little idea of the subtle posturing and posing that is going on.
We don't seem to be having any drama queen moments so I expect all will be well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home