Sunday, April 28, 2013

Milwaukee Madness


I took this photo of the thermometer on our window today.
Considering it snowed a few days ago it is somewhat amazing.   Off with the heating on with the air conditioning.
Actually, we haven't put the air con on yet.  As a native Wisconsinite is only too pleased to tell you......it has been known to snow in June.
I bloody hope it doesn't.
I don't want to be sitting in the park for River Rhythms, dressed in my thermals and wrapped in a blankie.
It has felt very good to be warm for the last couple of days.  I hope it continues.

One of our Erics was quite cross with me this morning.
I hadn't replaced the corn cob quickly enough.
He sat there looking at the empty cob and then looking at me through the kitchen window.
Of course he guilted me into going out and putting a fresh one out for him....little bugger.
I haven't seen Boderic since.  I hope she hasn't been chased away by our lecherous Erics.

Philip and I bought new trainers yesterday.
Of course this meant a new shoe box.
I love this photo of Lollipop, she was first to grab the box...there was a queue, although it also makes me quite sad.
A couple of months ago she would not have been able to fit in it.   Now she seems to be getting thinner all the time even though she is eating.
It is all rather worrying.

These are my new trainers.
Oh aren't they fab!!!!
I did look in the grown ups section first....honest guvnor.....but the trainers there were all boring.
So, I sneaked off to the children's department.
Fortunately I have little feet.  I love being able to buy kids stuff.
I got these snazzy trainers.  I was yearning for the ones that light up but I know that Philip would disown me totally if I got those.

I popped into our local cat rescue where I made a donation in memory of my friend Deanna.
She was a kind and caring lady who loved animals.  I know she would have approved of me doing that rather than sending flowers.  A kitten was being adopted while I was there.  It was lovely to see and I am sure Deanna would have been thrilled.

Finally.........now it has been sometime since I have seen celebs when I have been out and about.  OK....some might say they are just look-a-likes but to me they are the real deal.
Anyway, in the mall on Saturday as I was eating my chips I looked over Philip's shoulder and there was Jean Luc Picard eating a Dairy Queen ice cream.   I made Philip look and he said it didn't look anything like him.......but it did.  It was him.
I then wondered if when he ordered his ice cream he said........"D Q cold."
I suppose you have to be a bit of a trekkie to get this last bit.
Yes....yes...I know I should say trekker.....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home