Thursday, May 16, 2013

Christmas in May...sort of.

                                                                   NOX ARCANA

I just finished this today.  I have called it Nox Arcana - look it up.
It may be our Christmas card this year.  So, for those of you on my Christmas Card list you could see this plopping through your letterbox in what will seem like a few days time.

But, after a particularly stressful day at work yesterday I needed to paint today.
So, I have started another one.
With this next one I have been playing around with a new technique.
I hadn't tried it before but art is about being creative.
I really enjoyed myself, thought I had made a bloomer a couple of times but now I am quietly pleased with it.
Trouble is, all I have done is the background.
I had to block out some of the foreground to put the focus of the painting in but I can't do that until the background is dry.
Plus, the technique I have used means it is going to take longer than usual for it to be dry enough to continue painting.
Frustrating really but time flies like an arrow whereas fruit flies like a banana.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home