Saturday, May 25, 2013

Donald & Daisy

Our ducks are back.
I thought that Donald and Daisy had abandoned us for good.  For the last couple of years they have been visiting someone up the street but the other day I saw Looby Loo getting very excited at the window.  I then heard the familiar, gentle quacking noises they make.
They have been back every evening, eating bird seed from under the feeder and relaxing on our lawn.  Then they take off.  I wonder where they go?

Sadly we had to make the dreaded decision about Lollipop on Thursday.
She was declining fast.  Not eating or drinking.   Fading away really.
It was one of the hardest things we have ever done.
The vet was amazing.  Philip cuddled her while she passed.  She was always his cat. 
I thought it was a very brave and kind thing for him to do.
We are both still very upset about the whole thing, wondering if there was any more we could have done etc.
The picture above is one Lauren did a few years ago.  She used to sing the "Lollipop Song" to her so she added some lyrics to it.
I have only just noticed that she took care to get Lolly's colours just right.  The patches on her ears for instance.
This picture is on the wall in Lauren's room here.
The other cats have been very subdued since Thursday.
I will not actively seek another cat because I have an idea that one will present itself to us in some way.
Dear Lolly....we miss you very much.

Then last night (Friday) I got a call from Donna to tell me she was in the hospital !!!!  Apparently, earlier in the day she had seen her doctor as she has been having headaches.
The doctor sent her immediately to A & E where they did a multitude of tests, including a CT scan.  They then decided they would admit her and do a lumbar puncture in the morning.
You can imagine the state I got into hearing all this.
We started looking at flights etc.
She then phoned me again at around 1.30am British time, to say the doctor was there and they were going to do the lumbar puncture right away.
About half an hour after this she phoned to say it was all done and she was going to try to get some sleep.
She returned home this afternoon.
She said that all the test results were in and they were clear.  She is to have an MRI soon.
It is a relief to know that there is nothing so far.  Donna thinks it may be due to her recently going on to night shifts at work.
I do suspect there is more that she isn't telling me as it seems a lot for them to have done just for headaches.
But, boy am I proud of the Nation Health Service.
She went from seeing her own doctor, to being in hospital and having all those tests done and receiving the results - in less than 24 hours.
And no medical bills !!!   Over here, even with good insurance, you would probably be looking at bills for around $15,000 for that little lot.   At least I don't have to worry about medical bills she might get.
What an awful week.
Now I think we are both getting sick.
Philip is congested and coughing.  I feel crappity, crap, crap.....sore throat etc.
Probably a result of stress. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home