Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Woes

I came down Saturday morning to find Lollipop hunched over the heating vent waiting for it to come on.
It is 80F+ outside, so that is unlikely.
She is obviously feeling the cold because of her illness.
We felt so bad for her we went out and spent $50 on a heated bed.
As you can see from the above photo - she likes it.
She is barely eating now.  When she does eat, it is because I have tempted her with kitten food on a spoon.
Yet, at times, although she is very thin, she is almost her old self.
On Saturday evening she climbed onto Philip's shoulder and snuggled under his chin.  She has always loved to do that.
She seems to hate me though.  She doesn't like me going anywhere near her.  I know it is because I am always the one giving meds etc but it still upsets me.

Lily is being very good with her.
She has turned into 'Momma Cat' again, as she did with the kittens.  She washes her and here she is giving her a lovely cuddle.
Sunday, Lollipop wasn't so good.  Today she isn't good.  I have been trying to phone the vet for more pain meds and to discuss things with him.
We know 'decision time' is approaching rapidly.
We are both going to be total wrecks.  If she was an old cat I think we would be able to come to terms with it more.   Also, she is 'Lauren's cat'.   I have an idea what we might be doing during Lauren's visit this year.

On a lighter note.
Our trees are in full blossom.  I love them at this time of year.  The one at the back has something wrong with it though and every winter we lose a couple of boughs.
We really should take it down but when it is in blossom it seems too wicked to do that.
We spent the weekend gardening.
So easy to say that.    We were totally knackered.
We bought about 8 bags of red mulch and recovered all the roses.  It does look lovely and in inhibits the weeds (not a lot but some) but it is bloody hard work.
I planted some sunflowers.  I have never grown them before but a friend gave them to me.
Well, she gave them to a few of us really as we are all going to grow them, each as a memorial garden to our friend who died recently.
I did get a bit carried away and planted loads of them all around the house.
Well, they are only little seeds.
They do grow very tall though.  I am wondering if I have gone over the top and it will end up looking like Bill & Ben's house or even this.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home