Friday, April 19, 2013

Mad Day


Today has been a mad day.
The wind was howling and rattling the windows all night.  Someone should have got up and let it in I suppose but until it learns to ring the bell like everyone else, it can stay out there.
When I got up it was snowing.
Blowing and snowing.........sigh.
Wisconsinites are made of stern stuff, (shame I am from London), so my mate, June, still arrived to go on our swimming expedition.
She wasn't bothered too much by the weather and we did our laps.

Yesterday we took Bubba to the vet.  We were going to take Lolly as she is back up to a whole steroid every day and I wanted to ask the vet if that was ok or too much.
But, she had settled on one pill so we took Bubba who still has the "back door trots."
Bubba hates going to the vet's but is a joy to take.
As soon as we get the cat carrier out ........he goes and sits in it.
We can never quite work out his motivation as any of the others, who have had nasty vet stuff done, hide under the bed as soon as they hear the cat carrier.
Not big ole Bubba.  No sir.  He likes to sit in that thar cat carrier.  As soon as you get him in the car he starts complaining though.
I got a bit upset in the waiting room when the lady beside me told us she was there to have her cat put to sleep.  I asked her why and she said she had kidney problems and had lost weight.  I asked how old the cat was and she said "Over 10 years!".
Bubba is over 15 years, has kidney problems, has lost a lot of weight but apart from the 'squits' is fine now he is on his Zoomie Juice (fluids).
I will not judge the lady, as we don't know her personal financial situation - (but Bubba's Zoomie Juice supplies cost us jut $15 for 5 weeks supply)  and maybe her kitty was much worse than he is.
I just felt she was giving up too quickly.  It upset me to look at the kitty who was like Bubba's double too.
So sad.
The vet thinks Bubba could benefit from some steroids and vitamin b injections.
He is going to try it for a couple of weeks.  If there is no improvement he has a couple of other things to try.  We love this vet.  He charges a fraction of what our last vet charged and always seems apologetic for taking money at all.
I am giving the injections to Bubba.  He will have just one once a week while he takes the steroids.
The last vet did all sorts of tests that were negative ...and cost us a lot of money.  They then wanted to do an endoscopy at the cost of $1200 +    ....this vet has said that would not be necessary at all.
We got home and I poked Bubba with the needle.  Bless him, he is so good.  He sat on Philip's lap and didn't even flinch.  A little while ago I would not have believed I could give injections or fluids to anything.  Amazing what you can do when you have to.
He also said to leave Lolly on one pill a day if that is what it takes.  She is a lot better but I might try just half again soon.  If she stops eating then it can go back to one a day.

A couple of new kids on the block.
Here we have "White Eared Eric."
He is a little sod and keeps chasing the others away from "HIS" birdie feeder.
We also have a squirrel with a really blonde tail.
I did get a photo but it isn't a good one.  I will try again when White Eared Eric isn't chasing her away.
I have named her ......."Boderic".....Bo Dereck.........did you see what I did there?

Her tail is much blonder looking than this.
I will try to get another when I can.

Whilst the snow was snowing this afternoon we had the Tornado Siren go off.
Now it has been windy.........
I put the telly on to see if there was anything on there and there was.
Another siren going off and text going across the screen which said "Tornado Warning for Milwaukee...etc"
After this had been going for some minutes an announcer said "This is a test of the tornado warning system. Do not take any action."
Oh really.   He could have said that in the first place.

Lastly......my heart sank when I saw the Rolf Harris is the latest celeb to have been interviewed re child molestation.   That is what it is called.....Child Molestation....Sexual Abuse.  To call it anything less than that is abhorrent.  I was a social worker, many years ago, and I saw too many children who's lives had been totally ruined by being subjected to child abuse.  It is totally heartbreaking.
I have no time for anyone involved in this stuff.
I really hope they are wrong about Rolf.  I loved him as an artist and a fun performer.
It got me to wondering.
Why are so many of these criminals entertainers?   I wonder if being celebs makes children more malleable.
Children look up to and are in awe of so called 'stars'.
Maybe there are so many perverts in these professions because fame gives them access to children and makes them more trusting.
Maybe they chose their career because of this. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home