Friday, December 7, 2012

Wrappity, wrap, wrap.

This is Stumpy Eric.
He has lost most of his tail....poor thing.  I remember seeing a baby squirrel back in the spring who's tail was bent and odd looking.
Maybe it was broken and sort of withered off.  
We also have a Bald Eric who worries me somewhat.  He has lost his fur down both side of his body.
I hope squirrels huddle together for warmth when the weather is cold or poor Bald Eric will not make through a Wisconsin winter.

This week .....I have mostly been wrapping.
Sigh.........
I need to get all the pressies wrapped before my visitors arrive.
So far, I have wrapped at least 50 pressies.
I haven't even started on the stocking stuff yet.
We have a little tradition.   We open our main gifts on Christmas morning.
Then after dinner we have stockings full of little gifts. 
Some silly things, some sweeties and just fun small gifts.   But all this stuff needs to be wrapped.
I am amazed at all the stuff I manage to buy.  I start in January and buy things all through the year.
This way I don't notice spending the money so much and it means I don't have a huge outlay in one go....which I couldn't do.
I usually forget half of the things I have bought and it is fun for me to pull them out and re-discover all the treasures I have bought during the year.
They still need to be wrapped though.  I couldn't wrap them as I buy them or I would have no idea what was in any of the parcels by the time Christmas gets here.
This year I have had plenty of "help" from Tootsie.   Maybe she thinks that as she has a thumb she is the perfect assistant.
She is not.
She attacks the paper, sits on the tissue and tries to get into boxes.

Donna and Lauren are getting excited about coming over now and I know Alan can't wait for Alanmas.
It will be lovely having so much company and the help will be most welcome ....what with my back being a bit 'iffy'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home