Tuesday, December 18, 2012

All Wrapped Up

The wrapping is finished at last.
The next problem was finding a place to hide all these presents.  I eventually did hide them. I made sure I put labels on them all as I would never know which were for who...if you get my drift.
I have also finished this years Christmas cake...see above.
It has been well soaked in brandy so should be quite tasty.
I also made little ones to give as gifts.  Philip likes to take some to work for his team.

They seem to be rather popular.
You can't buy Christmas cake here.  It doesn't seem to exist.
I still have the mince pies to make but I will do that in a day or two.

We met up with Gary for breakfast on Sunday to give him his gifts.  I also give him a little cake.
He usually spends Christmas with us but this year, as his mum will be at his sister's which is within driving distance, he will be visiting them.
He gave us a bag of goodies too.  I told him on facebook that we hadn't opened anything and were waiting for Christmas Day.
He then said that maybe he should have mentioned the Baby Belle cheeses he had put in there for us.
I was puzzled by this.
He then explained that he thought we shouldn't lose sight of 'the reason for the season' so he had included  "The Baby Cheeses" in our gifts.

The penny did drop then.   I wouldn't have got it if he hadn't explained.  I would have wondered what on earth he had put cheese in the bag for.
He is a silly bugger our Gary.

Donna and Lauren arrive Thursday.  Yippeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home