Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sleeping Beauty.

River Rhythms last night.
The band was a Scottish rock band and were very, very good.
They were probably the second best band we have seen over there this season.  The first being Brother...also in kilts...must be a theme there somewhere.
Gary is off visiting him mummsy in Arizona.  She had a fall and hurt herself.  I hope she is doing better now.  Anyway, he couldn't be at River Rhythms.

The band was loud and lively.
It prompted some people to do this.

Oh she was so sweet.
She was obviously involved with  the Irish Dance troupes that were having some sort of competition across the river.   She really got carried away with it all and was very entertaining.
Others were affected differently by the playing of the pipes and the swinging of the kilts.

Unfortunately for him ....he was spotted by the band, who took great delight at pointing him out to the rest of the crowd.
They then played a song dedicated to " The only guy they had ever seen sleep through the bagpipes." It was hysterical.
Everyone was laughing, people came up to me and told me it was his 5 minutes of fame and he didn't even know until afterwards.
In his defence....the poor bugger had been up since around 5am and driven to and from Chicago to work (about 70miles each way)...so he had every right to be tired.
I did tell the band that he was waiting for them to play "Donald Where's Your Troosers", but they didn't seem to have that in their repertoire.
I needed something to cheer me up.

I saw my (substitute ) doctor.  She was very concerned, wants me to take Lipitor and I have an appointment with a different heart doctor on the 27th.
No doubt I will have to have all the poxy tests again but I want something to take to stop these attacks. I still don't feel really well.  My friend in England had a couple of angina attacks and has been taking a one a day pill for 10 years now.  She has never had another attack.  So, I have got the name of them and shall ask why I can't have them too.
Philip says it is probably because over here the doctors don't get so much money from prescribing these pills.  That could well be true.  The health service here is all about money.  Drug firms pay doctors to dish out their pills.  Blooming ridiculous.

I then went to the optician because my glasses fell off my nose an broke into two pieces.  It never rains.....
But, I did have  giggle in there.....see I am not usually a miserable person and I have been lately all over not feeling great....I don't like it.
Anyway, after having my eyes tested, I sorted out a couple of posh pairs of frames and another guy took the details.  During this time he asked where I was from and it turned out he loves English football.  He is an Arsenal fan (well someone has to be) and went on to tell me all the teams he didn't like.  This is so unusual over here.
Then he told me about an English friend of his who when they play video games, gets carried away and swears at him, using English swear words that he doesn't understand.
He said,  "He always calls me a W--ker."
Fortunately, he didn't ask me to explain what it meant but I took great delight in telling him that the next time he does this, he should retaliate by calling him a T-sser.
He liked this and kept saying it over and over so he wouldn't forget. It did make me giggle.
I would love to see his mate's face when he yells it at him.
Donna's husband, Andy (RIP) would have been proud of me.  It was his favourite word.
We had a star named after him ...we called it   Andy T-sser Beal.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home