Saturday, July 14, 2012

Art Fest

The week started off rather dull but livened up somewhat.
Firstly, on one of my friend's facebook page she mentioned that people had been falling over and hurting themselves that day.
She said we must all look after ourselves until the "Cat Moon" had passed.
Wooo....that was spooky.
I had been painting the above picture all morning and it seemed so odd that she should say such a thing.
Plus, I had never heard of a "Cat Moon".
So, I put the picture on there with a comment about how weird it was she should mention this just as I was doing this painting.
Was was even more amazing ( well to me anyway) was that people were popping up all over the place to say how much they liked the painting.
First, one asked how much it was.   I wrote back that it wasn't even finished yet and as it is in mixed media (acrylics & oils) the oils take some weeks to dry.
I also quoted her $65.
Before she could answer me one of the others said she would buy it.
Wow, I don't think I have ever sold a work before I have even finished it.
I felt bad for the first lady but she still hadn't answered so I thought maybe the price was too high for her.
I thought wrong.
Later in the day she sent me a private message saying how much she really, really wanted it and I felt so bad when I had to tell her it was sold.
All finished well though as I offered to do her another.  She then sent me a photo of her cat, a black short hair and asked if I could feature him in it.
Of course.
I don't feel bad at all now as she is getting something way more personal.   She wants a fantasy picture featuring her cat.  I have already started the sketches.
Then another lady contacted me about doing a Frost Wolf for her granddaughter's birthday.
She had seen my work on my Posh Pet Portraits facebook page.

 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posh-Pet-Portraits/318669441540116

The Frost Wolf is oil pastels.
Now I could do another picture...it would not be exactly the same as art isn't uniform, or, as someone suggested I could do her a quality print which would be cheaper.
So today I did some experimenting.
I went to the print shop and, after signing forms etc to prove I was the original artist and ensure copyright, I got some excellent prints made.  One I shall give the glass, glitter coating to and see how that turns out.
The others I shall mat and sell.
While I was sorting all this out there were two ladies in there from South Carolina.
Well, to cut a long story short, one fell in love with the Frost Wolf and bought a print from me right then and there...not even matted !!!
Philip couldn't believe it. 
I am quite chuffed that a piece of my art is going all the way to South Carolina on Monday.

River Rhythms on Wednesday produced its quota of 'special' people.
One 'special' person proceeded to the front of the stage carrying a large holdall, from which he produced various blankets and put them on the ground.
I thought he was making a bed up.
After taking a few swigs from, what presumably was a beverage of some description, hidden inside a brown paper bag, he produced what can only be described as a Matador's cape.
All this time people were continuing to dance all around him.
He then began waving his cape at the dancers in an attempt to induce them to take part in his bull fight.
None of them seemed terribly impressed with this. 
Gary and I thought it was wonderful.
Who didn't think it was wonderful were the two policemen who appeared, made him pick up his bedding and sadly took his bottle of pop away.
As they led him sadly away I asked Gary if they might charge him.   I didn't want them to.  He hadn't done any harm.
Gary said the only thing they could charge him with would be public intoxication.
Coo....you would never have known :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home