Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Milwaukee desert.

This guy is doing a rain dance.
I wish he would come and do it here.
We have still not had any rain and there is none in the long range forecast.
None.  Not a drop.
The crops and dying.  My plants and grass are dying.
We would need days and days of persistent rain to recover.  Doesn't look like it is going to happen.
I am hoping that someone will announce a drought or a hose pipe ban because that seems to have worked wonders in England.

Yesterday I was feeling particularly down.
It is mostly because of this 'giving Bubba fluids' mallarky.
We are pants at it.
Well so far, and getting worse.
Philip has had a couple of goes at putting the needle in and both times it fell out.
This means we have to poke the poxy needle into poor Bubba again.
Last night it took 3 goes and even then we only got half the prescribed amount of fluids into him.
I was a complete wreck at the end of this.
I feel so bad, being so crap at it and having to hurt Bubba more than necessary.
I think some of the problem is that we tried to do it in the bathroom and the bag of fluids isn't high enough to flow quickly.
So, on Thursday we will go back to sitting in the chair with the bag up high.  Hopefully, the blooming needle will stay in, the fluids will run faster and it will all be over in 5 minutes.

Philip needs to get the hang of it (better than me I hope) because I have booked my flight over to England.
I will be away 3 weeks so, with the help of our friend Gary, he will have to see to Bubba while I am away.
I am so looking forward to this trip.  I didn't go last year and really missed it.
I hope jolly old England is saving all the good weather up for when I am over.  I am having a little outing to Whitstable while I am there.
I am looking forward to meandering around Whitstable as I have only been there once and I didn't explore at all that time.

I would like to see my brother and his family in Essex too.  It is amazing how quickly that time will fly by when I am trying to cram everything in.

While I am busy doing my rain dance, perhaps people in the UK would like to do the reverse bit.  Read number 6.

 
 How to Do a Rain Dance
How To A Rain Dance

1. Never do a rain dance on a hill.
2. Make sure you have a lot of room so you
don't run into anything.
3. Spin around in clockwise circles.
4. Make up your own rain chant.  It should be rythmical
and easy to say fast.
5. Yell your rain chant while spinning around in circles.
6. If you are trying to get rid of rain, spin in
 counterclockwise circles and say your chant backwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home