Monday, August 13, 2012

Awful weekend.

Tootsie cuddling Lily....or maybe arguing over who was going to sleep in the chair.

Pants weekend.
Friday morning I felt quite perky.  I had recovered from my 'touch of the sun' and was feeling rather happy.
We had a wedding to go to on Saturday and I had an appointment in the afternoon with the optician as my reading glasses had fallen off and broke into two pieces.
I could hold each piece up to an eye but that took two hands leaving no other hand to hold a book.
It was time I had some new ones anyway.

Friday afternoon............angina attack.......nasty one.
This was probably the worse one I have ever had and it was rather frightening.
I was just sitting at the computer when it started.
I believe it is called 'unstable angina'.  
It isn't brought on by exertion.....running for a bus or doing exercise. 
It just happens when you are at rest.  It just happens right out of the blue.  And, there is no way of predicting it.
I have now found out that it is more dangerous than regular angina.
I had tests a few years ago....stress tests and a heart catheter test thingy.
None of the arteries were clogged up or anything.
It seems that in unstable angina they just go into spasm and the blood can't get to your heart.
They tried two different pills on me both of which had nasty side effects that had me in the emergency room in the early hours, which was not pleasant.
They sort of gave up then.   They gave me nitro pills to put under my tongue when I get an attack and said if it doesn't go after 15 minutes and 3 pills then to dial 911.
Which is what I do...well apart from dialing 911.  I would if I had to but it isn't something you do willy nilly.

This last attack was horrid.  I was so ill on Saturday.  I was completely washed out, hurt everywhere and could barely sit up.
We couldn't go to the wedding and I couldn't go to the opticians.  I would not have been able to sit there.
Sunday I was a little better but still very poorly.
Today I am almost my old self but I am, to be honest, a bit frightened.
I have made an appointment to see the doctor (of course mine is on holiday so I have to see a substitute one) tomorrow.
I think they should try to find something that I can take that will stop me having these attacks.
It is scary because I never know when it will happen or how bad it will be. 
I hope there is something I can take that will help.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home