Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just call me Banksy.......lol..


                                                          Onyx By Moonlight.

I have finished the painting for the lady that wanted her black cat Onyx in a fantasy picture.
I am pleased to announce she loves it.
Phew!!
Always a worry that at the end of many hours of work the person who asked for it won't like it.
She is just miffed that she has to wait for it to dry and be glazed before she can have it.

I also sold another Frost Wolf print.  This one was matted etc.  I sent that off in the week.
Then this morning I had another person ask about one of my paintings on my Posh Pet Portraits page.
I told her how much it is with post and packing etc. and she bought it.
I have to ship that one to California.
Coo....South Carolina, now California..... where next I wonder?

I have also had a couple of orders for pet portraits.  Dogs.
I love doing dogs so I shall start those this week.   Then there was the persian cat.....when I get round to it.

I am now looking for strong cardboard boxes to send paintings in.   They are not cheap.
You also have to buy them in bundles of 25 minimum.
Up until now I have scratched around and found suitable boxes but it isn't easy finding the size.
Big and shallow basically.
Tomorrow I need to buy some more canvases so I will ask in the art shop.  They might know where I can get some.

After I finished the cat painting I had a shower as I always seem to get paint all over me.  I try not to be messy and I start off carefully putting my brushes down on paper towels etc but after a few minutes the enthusiasm sets in and I get carried away.
Paint and brushes, paint smeared towels and palette knives fly about all over the place......mostly over me.
I came out of the shower and found I still had black oil paint on my elbow and my arm.
I scrubbed it off my elbow but the blooming stuff would not come off my arm and it hurt.
After several minutes of vigorous scrubbing, I discovered that the reason I couldn't get it off,  was because that paint was a bruise.
I think I got it when the desk I use at work collapsed on me on Wednesday..........but that is another story.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home